Sunday, June 3, 2012

Blank Pages

This post has been published by me as a part of the Blog-a-Ton 28; the 28th Edition of the online marathon of Bloggers; where we decide and we write. To be part of the next edition, visit and start following Blog-a-Ton. The topic for this month is 'BLANK PAGES'.

I have been a blank page through out my life.
I am happier!

I get baffled by many mysteries. Mysteries that I can't logically fathom. Mysteries that I cant google about. One of such a mystery is quite funny actually. It is probably a mystery to no one else. It is about our memory.

How do people remember things when the time and context have changed? In other words, how do I remember to bring potatoes on my way to home from office? How do I remember to call someone when I tell him or her, 'I will call you back in 10 minutes'?

I am not some kind of Ghajini heritage material. I do remember things. I remember what I read. I remember the movies that I loved. But I dont remember illogical and non-contextual things.

How do you link 'going to the loo at office' and 'picking up the mobile phone from your desk' logically?

Durlov BaruahIt scares me to death when my boss tells me that we should learn from experiences. I have no clue if I am learning from my experiences. Of course, I am a better professional with education and time. But that was not intentional. It was not because I remembered the mistakes I had made. It is because of my hardwork, passion, urge for knowledge, better intuition and sharper instinct.

Initially, I would get get very frustrated with my forgetfulness. As I grew up, I found that forgetfulness has its benefits. I dont carry baggages of bad memories (or good memories) with me. I am not cynical about life in general. People know me as a happy person.

As we grow old, we learn from our experiences (perhaps, more from our bad experiences) and we get cocooned in our own self beliefs about what life is and how people are. We form opinions basis some incidents, about our own extended family members, and hold grudges till the day we die.

I hardly have such issues.

Sometimes, I think of becoming more careful with people who I know, would not think good about me. But I cant remember my resolve when I am dealing with those people the next time. I just go with the flow of instinct in that particular transaction with that person. There is distinct benefit to this, because I didnt have a pre-conceived notion about how the transaction would go.

It is you who would suffer by the sight of the enemy. The enemy perhaps would not even care. So the problem is when you start dis-liking someone. It does not really matter when people dislike you. For me, I hardly dislike anyone. Even if I do, I dont remember it unless I get a clue. Situations get really nasty when I remember though :)

Although I dont have an answer to the mystery of memory, yet in the pursuit of understanding the mystery, I have understood myself. I am a man of instinct and intuition. I am right here, right now.

It has helped me keep focus on the things that I loved doing. It has helped me concentrate on my work for longer hours. Most importantly, it has shielded me from all the bad memories that I have accumulated from the past 36 years. The burden of those memories would have killed me, or made me a different person altogether.

I have been a blank page through out my life. I am lovin' it.

(Now that I am writing this blog about memory, I am flooded with bad memories. I hope I forget them as quickly as possible)
The fellow Blog-a-Tonics who took part in this Blog-a-Ton and links to their respective posts can be checked here. To be part of the next edition, visit and start following Blog-a-Ton.

13 comments:

  1. forgetfulness has its good and bad. Nothing can be better than to forget and forgive ...but at the same time experience can be one of the best teachers :) I loved your writing and the flow ...well done

    ReplyDelete
  2. Society is such that they remember few things but remember to remind us numerous times. When people say learn from your experiences it is a very general statement to make yet it makes complete sense when applied correctly to specific situations and sometimes doesn't.

    Living in right now is not always the best answer yet I think it might be given a particular context.

    I hope I am not confusing you. I think reading your post and now commenting are making me realize how subjective a topic can be and how perspectives differ. Clearly a thought provoking post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Richi. It is about how you save yourself from the baggages of the past and be fresh always.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. //I dont carry baggages of bad memories (or good memories) with me. I am not cynical about life in general. People know me as a happy person.//

    Wow, you are one of those gifted persons boss! Keep living it vividly... and due end what was the bad memories you spoke about, pleaaaaaase shift del ;O

    Cheers!!! do stop by my blog, Kappu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya I do thank God for whatever I am. Thank you for your sweet few words.

      Delete
  5. Forgetting something and having a blank mind are apparently same but qualitatively different. I guess if we can really have blank mind for a moment (or fraction of moment), the quality of life will drastically change for better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be able to start a new day, everyday, is what I call the benefit of blank pages..
      Thanks for your comment.

      Delete
  6. Agree. I was reflecting on something similar when I was seeing the movie 50 first dates. Initially I thought how sad. Then thought may be it is good after all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes there may be anger about doing the same mistakes, but life is about reliving the happiness(es) !

      Delete
  7. Super like Durlov!

    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so...

    and about memory...I almost always...forget to carry potatoes home ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha. I agree.
      Thank you for taking out time and commenting on the blog.

      Delete